måndag 15 september 2008

falling asleep is suppose to be the easiest thing!

I like the fact that wherever I turn my head, facing toward any media of course, I see a lot of insomniac- problems; people are becoming more and more workoholics which results into sleeping disorders... I can, in some way understand why some people work their asses off to work their way up on the hiring ladder and / or if the jobdescriptions equals fun and laughter ( and I know what your asking yourself right now, where on earth can I find a job that equals fun and laughter?), and they do exist if you have been given the rare oppurtunity to work with something where you can answer the question: "So what do you do?" with "I have always wanted to do this because I have dreamt about it since I was a kid..." and under those sircumstances the person answering has probably worked his /her ass off, both in the pre- job environment such as school and also after they have been hired and have made an "inside- career"...

And another answer to that question is "I am just good at what I do and I have always dreamt about it since I was a kid!" that means they are in the small group with a "talent" of some kind, and can provide their family of what it needs and more thanks to their music talent, athletic talent or he / she just happened to be the first person who ate 69 pizzas back to back and got into the world of records- book or whatever, note; I have no idea if that record is being held by anyone out there, it was just an example...

But working my ass off for something that is not forfilling nor equals fun and laughter? Knowing I am just working becuase my daddy dont own one of the largest and most profitable hotels in the world and my mother is actaully not the first person holding a record for eating 69 pizzas back to back and therefor has not a multimillion dollar deal for commercials etc etc.. No, I am working only for the simple reason to go by without looking out a window with bars, and so I dont end up staring with closed eyes in a nice suit in a very klaustrofobic bed with crying relatives around the bedspread! Just working for the simple fact to hang on and to make a tuesday out of a monday and a wednesday out of a tuesday and so on (I think u get the picture and if not, you are slow and are probably one of those people that are paying attention during the safety- theater before take-off)... And that is not a rare group doing so, no that is the majority that do so, because that´s life! So why are there so many workoholics then??

Reeelaaax and do what you are suppose to do and fall asleep when you want, maybe even during a long train- ride, without problems and definitively without a prescription from your doctor! Sleeping is a natural thing, everybody does it, and it is supposed to come natural, withOUT popping pills, but when I say this; your job isnt everything even if you have nothing and you are a nobody cause if you think your job is everything, sooner or later, you are going to realize you dont even have sanity, and then you are in a rare group becuase sanity comes for free(well, for most of us) and then it´s waving bye bye to the nice man in the white long coat, and you will discover this to late; that it is in fact easier to fall asleep than staying awake stressing around working your ass off all the time, and BOOM that huge door will slam so hard, and you have worked so hard to get to the point where you are right now,, In a small ass room with a big door, and you have no longer control, not even the control to open and close your own door cause your arms are tied around your back and doesnt it kill you when you think all I had to do was to fall asleep, nothing else, you didnt even have to sleep with anyone else, just with yourself, to get that easy task! Irony can be a bitch- slap away sometimes!

Inga kommentarer: